Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Heat Wave

Remember a couple months ago when we were all yammering on about how we couldn’t wait for the warm weather? “I’m so sick of this snow,” we said. “I can’t wait for summer!” Well here we are almost a week into July and it seems our wishes have been answered about a million degrees over. It is absolutely boiling outside and the steamy weather seems to be having a strange affect. I woke up unusually early this morning and decided to take advantage and run some errands I’ve been putting off. I hit up Target, the Verizon store and BJ’s. I was on a roll! I decided to swing over to Michael’s to scope out some tools for a few interior decorating ideas’ I’ve been hatching. To my dismay the Michael’s shopping center had lost power. I admit this was a rather irritating set back but by the reactions of people around me you would have thought the world was ending. People were literally running around in the parking lot yelling “THE POWER IS OUT! THE POWER IS OUT! YOU CAN’T BUY ANYTHING!” I’m not kidding when I tell you that I doubt that even Paul Revere was so frantic when alerting townsfolk that the British were coming. To be fair the shopping center is also the home of TJ Max and DSW but still, neither warrants the sheer terror that was found in the eyes of these desperate people. Not only was the yelling a tad excessive but they were running from car to car. RUNNING. It’s 103 degrees outside! You can’t be running, I was concerned for their health. I got in my car as calmly as possible, as not to fuel the panic and drove off into the heat. Needless to say, my initial jump on the day was lost the minute I returned home and felt the AC hit. I don’t think I could be paid to leave the house again until the temp cools down to a more reasonable number. It simple just isn’t safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment